Wednesday, April 17, 2013

it is still a beautiful world.


The Desiderata is one of my all-time favorite poems. 


The very end is my favorite- 


Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.





Etsy has so many lovely pieces, including this print of the Desiderata. I have a postcard of the last few lines on my desk, but I think I need a poster sized copy of the print. In the challenging world that we live in, I think that it is a lovely reminder of how we should try to live our lives each and every day. 





1 comment:

Kiki and Lala said...

I have always loved that too xx